GET HELP WITH YOUR ESSAY
If you need assistance with writing your essay, our professional Essay Writing Service is here to help!
DISCOUNT CODE FIRST25
A. Identify one illustrated children’s book that must meet the following criteria:
• have a positive diverse representation
• be appropriate for an elementary or middle-grade level (grades K–8) classroom
• be fiction, unless it has narrative elements, such as biography, memoir, or narrative verse
• not contain religious instruction
B. Using the book chosen in part A, do the following:
Note: An example could include a quote, paraphrase, copy of an illustration or a descriiption of an illustration from the book. Examples must be cited.
1. Describe the positive diverse representation in your children’s book.
a. Explain how the diverse representation in your children’s book helps students gain perspective for understanding the world. Support your explanation with a specific example from your chosen book.
2. Identify a literary theme of the selected book (e.g., kindness, courage, cooperation, etc.).
a. Explain how one specific example of a literary element used in the book (e.g., plot, setting, characterization, figurative language, etc.) supports or conveys the theme from part B2.
3. Explain why it is important to select children’s literature with quality artwork, illustrations, or images. Support your explanation with evidence-based research or resources from your course.
a. Include a copy of an illustration from your chosen book, and describe how the illustration in the chosen book conveys the theme.
4. Identify the specific genre of your chosen book.
Note: Specific genre refers to a subdivision of the general genre. Specific genres of fiction include realistic fiction, fantasy, science fiction, historical fiction, etc. The folklore genre includes fable, fairy tale, folktale, etc. The non-fiction genres include biography, memoir, or narrative non-fiction.
a. Describe two characteristics that define the specific genre identified in part B4.
b. Provide an example of both characteristics from part B4a found in your chosen book.
C. Develop a lesson plan to teach analysis of literary theme. Your lesson plan must meet the following criteria:
• use your chosen children’s book identified in part A
• teach analysis of literary theme
• use the attached Direct Instruction Lesson Plan Template
D. Acknowledge sources, using in-text citations and references, for content that is quoted, paraphrased, or summarized.
E. Demonstrate professional communication in the content and presentation of your submission.
DISCOUNT CODE FIRST25