GET HELP WITH YOUR ESSAY
If you need assistance with writing your essay, our professional Essay Writing Service is here to help!
DISCOUNT CODE FIRST25
My career is school nursing.
Back ground information for this research proposal
In the school year 2021-2022, four students at my middle school in New Jersey went into anaphylaxis. Among these patients were a 12-year-old girl, a 14-year-old girl, and two 14-year-old boys. They were given an EpiPen and sent to the emergency room for eating their food that they were allergic to, made with peanut. During the 2021-2022 school year, 60 students out of the total population of 600 in the school have life-threatening allergies mainly to peanuts and tree nuts.
The main purpose of the study is to educate students about anaphylaxis so that they can learn to manage the disease and prevent the use of epi-pens amongst 11-14-year-olds.
Interventions would be to include the student in their individual health care plan. Must have variables that can be measured, my instrument tool, age, male/female, and ethnicity and anything else you can come up with.
Students’ knowledge would increase by 75% in anaphylaxis management through formal education to reduce the rate of epi-pens amongst 11–14-year-olds in a middle school in New Jersey.
The research proposal is based upon the need for students to be educated so they can manage their food allergy and prevent the use of ever needing an epi-pen, the focus is knowledge deficit when it comes to their food allergy and having to have an epi-pen so I want to increase their knowledge.
My valid instrument tool to measure their knowledge would be a pre and post test using 10 questions about anaphylaxis management, please include.
My sample size for the 2022-2023 school year, I have 588 students with 58 students who have life threatening allergies mainly to tree nuts and peanuts. 32 are boys; 26 are girls; parental consent will be needed since they are minors.
20 boys are asian, 4 are hispanic , 8 are white. 12 of them are 13 years/old, 12 are 14 y/o, 3 are 12 y/o, 5 are 11 y/o.
10 girls are 14 y/o, 9 are 13 y/o, 5 are 12 y/o, 2 are 11 y/o.
15 girls are asian, 5 are white, 1 is black, 5 are Indian. Suburban affluent area.
You must have 10 real research articles not reviews that are peer reviewed and within 7 years old.
Rubric and outline as follows: (please follow this out line precisely)
1. Abstract: 150 words
• Introduce the topic
• Identify the problem and target phenomenon
• Data to support the problem
• List the study purpose and hypotheses
• Describe significance of the study to nursing
3. Background/literature review:
4. • Identify conceptual framework of study
• Comparison of the issue over time might be helpful (most recent 7 years, OK to use articles up to a decade if they were seminal works) 10 Peer reviewed articles
• Summarize and critique relevant theoretical and empirical literature (Theorist, Orem’s self care deficit, focus on this, maybe two paragraphs or 3 at most)
• Summarize what is known and not known about the selected area of study
• Summarize findings and present rationale for the study
5. Approach/Methods: (8 points)
• Design: Identify the research design
• Setting: Describe the setting of the study
• Sample: Describe the sample (participants) and inclusion/exclusion criteria.
Identify sample size as determined by power analysis
• Define terms (conceptual/operational definitions)
• Instrumentation: Describe instruments including (reliability/validity; sensitivity/specificity; Physiological measures: Report precision and accuracy
• Procedure: Describe the procedures for data collection
• Procedure: Describe the procedures for implementing the study
• Data Analysis: Describe procedures for data analysis
• Protection of human subjects: Discuss the process of protection of human subjects (IRB (Institutional Review Board); HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability); Confidentiality
• Include Table Shells that reflect the aims, objectives and analysis plan
7. Conclusions (1 point)
• Identify potential strengths/limitations of your study
8. Appendices (1 point)
• Include relevant materials in this area
DISCOUNT CODE FIRST25