GET HELP WITH YOUR ESSAY
If you need assistance with writing your essay, our professional Essay Writing Service is here to help!
DISCOUNT CODE FIRST25
Write your name ONLY in the upper right-hand side of the paper.
Your essay should be at least one full page and no more than two pages (Times New Roman, 12 font, 1 inch margin, double spaced). I will take off points if your paper is too short or too long. 2 points for every space too short. 5 points for every half-page too long. MLA format. In MS Word, from a new page, select the “References” tab, from the “Style menu, select “MLA” and MS Word will automatically format your page for you.
Please be aware that I grade on grammar and spelling. If I have to try and decipher what you’re trying to say, then it takes me twice the time to grade the content of the paper. Take the 2 seconds it takes to do the spell/grammar check on your computer and look over your paper for mistakes. I take off 1 point for every 10 errors. DO NOT USE TEXTING LANGUAGE!
Below the assignment instructions, you will click the button to submit your paper. Read the instructions in full. I take points off for not adhering to the rules. Once I finish grading, your grade and my comments will be on CANVAS.
Also, below you will find a grading rubric and examples for the assignment.
Choose a blues or soul artist and write your essay about their lives and work.
This paper must be about blues or soul ONLY. Any other genre will result in a zero for this paper.
(I realize the chapter studied was on gospel, but this paper will be only about blues or soul.)
Also…be aware of the risk of choosing a musician that’s too new or too obscure. You may have an interest in them, but you have to prove that they influenced the genre and had lasting impact. Don’t just parrot their birthdate and basic trivia.
PAPER MUST INCLUDE:
• Which genre they perform. (The paper must be about their contributions to THAT genre. An example of a failing paper is writing about a blues singer but spending the majority of the paper talking about their jazz career.)
• WHY they’re important artists in their field.
• WHAT they contributed to this type of music (for instance, if they were known for their guitar licks, what was it about their licks that were innovative?).
• HOW they changed the genre?
• HOW are/were they different than those that came before them??
• Who they influenced and HOW or WHY? You must include examples of how they influenced them.
I can find out when they were born and basic facts and figures myself. That’s not as interesting as why they are who they are. Put some thought into this assignment and make it interesting.
DISCOUNT CODE FIRST25