GET HELP WITH YOUR ESSAY
If you need assistance with writing your essay, our professional Essay Writing Service is here to help!
DISCOUNT CODE FIRST25
CCSS.ELA.11-12.W.2: Write informative/explanatory texts to examine and convey complex ideas, concepts, and information clearly and accurately through the effective selection, organization, and analysis of content.
CCSS.ELA.11-12.RL.3: Analyze the impact of the author’s choices regarding how to develop and relate elements of a story or drama (e.g., where the story is set, how the action is ordered, how the characters are introduced and developed).
CCSS.ELA.11-12.W.9: Draw evidence from literary and/or informational texts to support analysis, reflection, and research
Choose one of the literary prompts below respond to in essay format. Your essay should consist of at least five paragraphs. A literary essay is different than a standard 5 paragraph essay because it requires the following elements: ● T.A.G. (title, author, genre) should be mentioned in the introductory paragraph. Remember to italicize the title of major works such as a novel or use quotation marks around smaller works such as poetry or short stories. i.e. Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
● The thesis should focus on a literary element such as theme or characterization, and not include critique. The literary essay should be written in 3rd person point of view.
● Literary terms for analysis should be used throughout the essay– such as book, title, author, plot, story, storyline, chapter, etc.
● Each paragraph should link the events, characters, and themes to the main message of the author. ● Quotes are required to support statements about the literature throughout the essay.
● The concluding statements should focus on the same ideas as the thesis.
A literary essay is not a book report. Instead, it is a discussion, not critique, about a literary element emphasized in the literature being discussed. Avoid summarizing the plot and instead focus on the main points in the thesis.
1. Please see the scoring rubric below and use it as a checklist for the essay requirements. 2. The length requirement for this 5-paragraph essay is 900–1,500 words. CHOICE #1
Such as with the ancient epic heroes studied in the Fall semester, you have learned that the actions of a traditional hero are often used to demonstrate and uphold the important behaviors and values within a society. However, in Pride and Prejudice, Jane Austen introduces a young woman, Elizabeth Bennet as the main protagonist. Because Elizabeth Bennet’s self-determination and candor throughout the book show a progressive mindset of independence, some readers believe she can be considered a hero for her time. In your essay, discuss the 3 or more choices Elizabeth makes that run counter to society’s expectations and how Austen uses these choices to demonstrate or not demonstrate Elizabeth’s heroism.
CHOICE #2 Think about the characteristics of Elizabeth and Darcy at the beginning of the novel and at the end. How do they change throughout the course of the novel? What is the author saying through the development of these characters? In your response, describe the primary features of the characters at the beginning of the novel, the basic process by which they change, and their characteristics at the end of the novel. Then, explain what the author is trying to say through the changes in Elizabeth and Darcy.
DISCOUNT CODE FIRST25