GET HELP WITH YOUR ESSAY
If you need assistance with writing your essay, our professional Essay Writing Service is here to help!
DISCOUNT CODE FIRST25
Initial Post Activity and Writing Prompts
You will be conducting a counseling session with a movie/TV character
• First, select a TV show/movie that contains a character that exists in a setting that is similar to the future setting where you would like to provide counseling services. For example, if you are a CMHC student interested in a setting working with Veterans, you could select a movie like Saving Private Ryan and speak with Captain John. If you were a School Counseling student interested in a high school setting, you could select a movie like “The Breakfast Club” and talk with John.
• Second, for 5-10 minutes have a practice session with the character. Select one of the existential humanistic theories that we cover this week (Gestalt, Person Centered, Existential, Acceptance and Commitment Therapy…etc.) to guide your session as well as the counseling skills you select for use and how you use them. You may use the “basic counseling skills guide” attached below in addition to any skills and/or techniques that might be discussed in the text, specific to the approach.
• Third, write about your experience:
1. Identify the show/movie and character while providing enough background information to set the scene.
2. Provide an 8×8 (or longer) practice dialogue (8 counselor statements and 8 character statements).
3. Identify the existential humanistic approach that you used to guide your session and explain how the approach helped guide your session. Support with reference/s.
4. What did you avoid saying and why? Support with reference/s.
5. TIP: Consider using each of the four above writing prompts to organize your post with level one headings.
Jamie Farr (born Jameel Joseph Farah; July 1, 1934) is an American television and film comedian and theatre actor. He is best known for playing the cross-dressing corporal Maxwell Q. Klinger in the CBS television sitcom M*A*S*H.
Initial and Response Post Requirements
• Initial Post Writing Guidelines and Requirements:
o Initial posts are like small 1-2 page papers depending on your writing style. First, write the post in a word document, address each question, spell check, and review your paper against the rubric. After you finalize your initial post, please do not submit it as a word document! Instead, create a new thread with your name and the title of the post in the subject line and then copy and paste your draft from the word document to the discussion board and click submit.
o Your initial post is due by the end of the day on day 4 (Thursday at 11:59 p.m.).
o Two sources are required for your initial post, one should be a professional source (e.g., journal article) other than the textbook, and your second source can either be the textbook or another professional source). For your initial discussion board post you only need to follow APA procedures related to in-text citations and your reference list.
DISCOUNT CODE FIRST25