GET HELP WITH YOUR ESSAY
If you need assistance with writing your essay, our professional Essay Writing Service is here to help!
DISCOUNT CODE FIRST25
*INSTRUCTIONS ALSO UPLOADED IN FILES SECTION.
QUANTITATIVE ANALYSIS REPORT: DESCRIPTIVE STATISTICS ANALYSIS ASSIGNMENT INSTRUCTIONS
You will take part in several data analysis assignments in which you will develop a report using tables and figures from the IBM SPSS® output file of your results. Using the resources and readings provided, you will interpret these results and test the hypotheses and writeup these interpretations. As doctoral students, your assignments are expected to follow the principles of high-quality scientific standards and promote knowledge and understanding in the field of public administration. You should apply a rigorous and critical assessment of a body of theory and empirical research, articulating what is known about the phenomenon and ways to advance research about the topic under review. Research syntheses should identify significant variables, a systematic and reproducible search strategy, and a clear framework for studies included in the larger analysis.
• Copy and paste all tables and figures into a Word document and format the results in APA current edition.
• Interpret your results.
• Final report should be formatted using APA current edition, and in a Word document.
• 4-5 double-spaced pages of content in length (not counting the title page or references).
• Manuscriipts should not be written in first person (“I”).
• All material should be 12-point, Times New Roman type, double-spaced with margins of one inch.
• All manuscriipts should be clearly and concisely written, with technical material set off. Please do not use jargon, slang, idioms, colloquialisms, or bureaucratese. Use acronyms sparingly and spell them out the first time you use them. Please do not construct acronyms from phrases you repeat frequently in the text.
• Must include a Biblical perspective in this paper and cite at least one Biblical reference.
• Number of citations: Minimum 12 –
o 2 Required texts indicated below, Holy Bible, plus 9 Required Readings indicated below. Writer may choose additional scholarly sources they find relevant to the topic, published in the last 5 years.
o Scholarly sources must fully support your assertions and conclusions. These must be cited in accordance with CURRENT APA guidelines.
o Acceptable sources: Use scholarly sources only. No websites, podcasts, dictionaries, encyclopedias, or magazines. Peer reviewed journal articles, dissertations, and textbooks only.
REQUIRED TEXTBOOKS for citations/references:
1. Chapters 1-6 & 11: Meier, Kenneth J., Brudney, Jeffrey L., & Bohte, John (2015). Applied Statistics for Public and Nonprofit Administration (9th ed.). Wadsworth, Inc. ISBN: 9781285737232.
2. Chapters 1-4: Cronk, Brian C. (2020). How to use SPSS®: A Step-By-Step Guide to Analysis and Interpretation (11th ed.). Routledge. ISBN: 9780367355692.
3. Holy Bible – any Biblical references the writer finds relevant to give a Biblical perspective.
REQUIRED READINGS for citations/references:
1. Public Values in Special Districts: A Survey of Managerial Commitment
2. ICMA Survey Research: Economic Development Survey Results 2014
3. 2018 Federal Employee Viewpoint Survey
4. Power Point: Descriiptive Statistics
5. Video Transcriipt: Practice Exercise 3.1
6. Video Transcriipt: Practice Exercise 3.3
7. Video Transcriipt: Practice Exercise 3.4
8. Video Transcriipt: Practice Exercise 4.2
9. Video Transcriipt: Practice Exercise 4.5
Video Transcriipts in items 5-9 are intended for instructional purposes and are very short, but are indeed required in citations as well, so please incorporate into the body of the assignment.
• Rubric Attached.
For this assignment, select the eight demographic variables and then select ten (10) of the 71 questions and report the frequency and descriiptive statistics results with interpretations.
1. The first assignment uses the 2018 Federal Employee Viewpoint Survey (Federal Employee Survey 2018. sav).
2. Copy the data file onto your computer’s hard drive. It will not run from the course site.
3. Click on the IBM SPSS® icon on your computer desktop.
4. When it opens, select File, Open, and find the file named Federal Employee Survey 2018.
5. Click on it to open.
6. Run descriiptive statistics (frequency tables only) on the demographic variables (first eight variables).
7. For variables Q 1 through Q 71, perform frequency tables and run descriiptive statistics: mean, median, and standard deviation.
8. Copy and paste all tables into a Word document and format the results in APA. The tables from IBM SPSS® can be edited in Word. The figures are copy and pasted as pictures and cannot be edited in Word. They can be edited in IBM SPSS®. See Cronk: pp. 47 – 48 and provided Learn items.
Below is an example of one of the variables. You CANNOT use this question as one of your ten questions.
THERE ARE TWO TABLES IN THE UPLOADED FILE THAT COULD NOT BE PASTED IN THIS PAGE – REFER TO UPLOADED ASSIGNMENT INSTRUCTIONS!
DISCOUNT CODE FIRST25