GET HELP WITH YOUR ESSAY
If you need assistance with writing your essay, our professional Essay Writing Service is here to help!
DISCOUNT CODE FIRST25
Please see attached the lesson and assigned reading for this week and complete the assignment below
• Please complete this assignment with requirement for the month of March
1. PART 1: The medical application selection for this assignment is contingent upon the month of your birthday. Use the table below to identify the Medical App for this assignment.
Your Birth Month Medical App for Assignment
January, February MediCalc
March, April, May Medscape
June, July, August CDC Milestone Tracker
September, October ICD10 Consult
November, December SingleCare
o Use the Google Play Store for Android devices or the Apple iTunes App Store for Apple devices to search for the medical application as determined by the table above.
o In order to complete the following guided appraisal, download the app to a mobile device (smartphone or tablet). The apps are free and do not require purchase to complete this assignment.
o Provide proof of download by attaching a screenshot of the device screen in JPEG or PDF format to the assignment upload tab (in addition to submitting this assignment). Following the general instructions below for smartphone devices (specific device instructions may vary):
Android 4.0 and Newer: (Galaxy SIII, Galaxy S 4, Galaxy Note, HTC One, Nexus phones, Droid phones)
Any Android phone running Ice Cream Sandwich (4.0) or later can easily take a screenshot. Hold the Power and Volume Down buttons together until the screen flashes and you hear the shutter sound. The screenshot image will appear in your Gallery app, usually inside the Screenshots folder
The method for taking a screenshot in iOS has been the same since version 2.0. Hold the Power (Sleep/Wake) and Home buttons together until the screen flashes and you hear the shutter sound. The screenshot image will appear in your Photos app under Camera Roll.
2. PART 2: Answer the Medical App Critical Appraisal questions thoughtfully and comprehensively. Use the criteria headings on this outline as the headings on your properly APA- formatted paper.
o NAME: What is the name of the app?
o AUTHOR: Who created, developed, or maintains the app? Explain.
o ENDORSEMENT: Is the app licensed by the Food and Drug Administration, other government agency, or endorsed by an academic institution or medical professional organization? Explain.
o OPERATION: Which platform (mobile or web-based) is suitable for the app and why?
o AESTHETICS: Is the information displayed in a way that is easy to navigate? Is it easy to use? Can you use it without instructions? Explain.
o PURPOSE: What is the intended purpose or use of the app?
o CLINICAL DECISION MAKING: What influence does the app have on clinical decision making? Explain.
o SAFETY: Is there potential for patient harm? Explain.
o USER: For whom is the app intended (providers, patients, or others)? Explain.
o DISTRIBUTION: Is it designed for local use or wider distribution? Explain.
o CREDIBILITY: How credible are the sources of information? How do you know? Explain.
o RELEVANCE: How current is the information in the app? When was the last update? Is the content consistent with evidence-based literature or best practices/standards of care? Explain.
3. PART 3: Provide one example of an appropriate patient or clinical scenario for this app. The example should include the following details:
o Patient Age-population (Pediatric, Adult, Geriatric)
o Clinical Setting (Hospital, Private Practice, Extended Living Facility)
o History of Present Illness and Diagnosis or Condition
o Provide a detailed descriiption of the app in your example. When will the app be implemented (at the Point-of-care or elsewhere)? Who will use the app? What potential impact will it have on the scenario? Incorporate the critical appraisal information from Part 2. Provide one evidence-based scholarly article as a reference to support clinical decision making.
4. * Scholarly Sources: Only scholarly sources are acceptable for citation and reference in this course. These include peer-reviewed publications, government reports, or sources written by a professional or scholar in the field. Scholarly sources must be published with the last 5 years.
DISCOUNT CODE FIRST25