GET HELP WITH YOUR ESSAY
If you need assistance with writing your essay, our professional Essay Writing Service is here to help!
DISCOUNT CODE FIRST25
PLEASE USE TEMPLATE POWERPOINT IN FILES AND USE THE WORKSHEET TO HELP FILL IN SOME INFORMATION.
Directions: Create a PowerPoint presentation teaching about the use of Screening, Brief Intervention, and Referral to Treatment (SBIRT). See the assignment directions and tutorial for suggestions and best practices. Review the week’s readings prior to starting on your presentation, understand SBIRT, and its use related to the problem you identified in Part 1: Assessment and Diagnosis assignment.
2. Review local data related to the specific problem or addiction identified in the Community Health Assessment and Diagnosis assignment. Maintain privacy and only include data that is available to the public. Include citation(s) on the slide when resources are used. Include all resources used on reference slide.
3. Download the PowerPoint Presentation Template PowerPoint. (Once your presentation is complete, follow the job aid located in the Canvas Week 4 module Part 2 directions on how to convert the PowerPoint to PDF format with speaker notes displayed).
4. Create a PowerPoint presentation with speaker notes (8-15 slides not including introduction or references) for fellow healthcare professionals that includes:
• Community descriiption
o Basic demographic data (i.e. population, size, education, poverty levels, etc.)
o Relevant epidemiological data from Community Assessment and Diagnosis assignment.
• Problem descriiption
o Comprehensive overview of the substance and problem
Overview of the problem and relevant data
Give an overview of contributing factors specific to your community (supported by data/ scholarly evidence) (i.e. target marketing, lack of employment opportunities, few treatment providers, lack of transportation, availability, etc.)
• SBIRT descriiption
Descriiption of SBIRT abbreviation and process
• Include an overview of each part of SBIRT
• Identify the steps that are used with each part
How SBIRT is used specific to identified problem
• i.e. how to incorporate into an assessment
How to use SBIRT in nursing practice with vulnerable populations
• This may include a role play, scriipt for a nurse to use in their assessment, example of an existing tool, etc.
How SBIRT impacts the problem?
• i.e. enhances awareness, motivates change, health improvement, cost reduction, etc.
• Community Resource
o Describe one community resource that may assist with the substance use concern.
(For example, a local substance abuse clinic).
o Include how to reach this resource
Phone, referral form, etc.
o Assess 4 A’s: affordability, accessibility, acceptability, availability for each resource (see the Week 4 lesson)
• Implications for practice
o Provide a comprehensive overview of the impact of substance use to the audience. What does this data mean to them? How does the data impact them as healthcare professionals?
o How could the implementation of SBIRT intervention into their practice impact patient health outcomes?
o Use at least one scholarly reference as support
o Includes brief overview of:
1. Community demographic and epidemiological data;
3. SBIRT descriiption;
5. Implications for practice;
6. Importance to improving population health outcomes
• Q&A slide
o Give your audience an opportunity to ask questions they may have.
• Reference slide
o Minimum of 3 references. Should include references for SBIRT overview, community data, and at least one scholarly source. Utilize more references as needed.
DISCOUNT CODE FIRST25