GET HELP WITH YOUR ESSAY
If you need assistance with writing your essay, our professional Essay Writing Service is here to help!
DISCOUNT CODE FIRST25
ASSIGNMENT UNIT 3
POPULAR VERSUS SCHOLARLY SOURCES
In this course, you’ll practice applying science and theory to making evaluations of conditions and also bringing audiences, like the public, along in action steps. First, you’ll want to hone your analytical skills. It’s also good to see the kind of information that’s out there in the world. So in this assignment, you’ll try distinguishing valuable information from less-reliable sources.
If you haven’t already, find a popular video or website that covers a topic from your course text. You can use the CRAAP Test Worksheet from Week 2 to help you determine whether you consider the media valid and what additional questions you have about the topic.
Use the Popular Versus Scholarly Sources Worksheet Template [DOCX] to complete this assignment.
• Select a popular media source like a video or a website that covers a topic from your course text.
• Provide the full reference for the source.
• Summarize the content of the source using bullet points in complete sentences or a 5–8 sentence paragraph..
• Identify at least three peer-reviewed journal articles on the topic covered in the source and explain their relevance to the topic. Provide the full references for the articles in APA format.
• Compare and contrast information provided in the source with the three articles by answering the following questions:
o What information provided by the popular source is supported by research or information provided in the articles?
o What, if any, information in the articles conflicts with the popular source?
o Do you consider the media source you selected to be valid? Why or why not?
o What questions do you have about the topic based on your analysis?
• Explain how the topic you reviewed can be applied to solve problems in the real world. Feel free to also illustrate with examples, including personal examples.
• Provide a self-evaluation of each of the criteria for the assignment with a level of performance and a rationale for your selection.
Important: Prior to submission, conduct a self-evaluation of your performance on the worksheet using the scoring guide and identifying what you believe to be your proficiency level for each criterion. (The scores are Nonperformance, Basic, Proficient, or Distinguished.)
Your assignment should also meet the following requirements:
• Written communication: Written communication is free of errors that detract from the overall message.
• Resources: Use your course resources and at least three peer-reviewed and scholarly resources (no more than five years old).
• APA formatting: Resources and citations are formatted according to current APA style and formatting guidelines. Refer to Evidence and APA page on Campus for guidance.
• Template: Use the Popular Versus Scholarly Sources Worksheet Template [DOCX] to complete the assignment.
• Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.
DISCOUNT CODE FIRST25