GET HELP WITH YOUR ESSAY
If you need assistance with writing your essay, our professional Essay Writing Service is here to help!
DISCOUNT CODE FIRST25
Practicum/Field Experience – Culinary Arts/Chef Training
Course Term Project
Due on or before class Week 14, 9:30am
Project needs to be organized and complete, submitted online in Canvas submission area
1. Write a Prix Fixe Menu consisting of 5-6 courses
− Concept and design of menu should match the standard & style of cuisine and service that
you have been learning about while a student in the HCC Culinary Program.
− Selling price for inclusive meal should be on menu
− Design of Menu should be attractive and helpful, not distracting
2. Standardized Recipes and Costing Sheets for:
o Entrée course plus 2 other courses
o Costing sheet should include portion cost taking yield into account, selling price &
food cost percentage
3. Keep a Work Journal with an entry each week summarizing what you did, what you learned, and
how it relates to your Training Objectives on your Training Plan
− This is the only portion of the project that will be accepted hand-written, but will need to be
converted to a digital file to be submitted with project online.
4. Research Current Trends in the culinary industry and write a reaction paper
− Minimum of one page offering your opinion
• what you feel will stick around and what will fade shortly
• what you were surprised to find and what you already knew
• anything else you find relevant or important about current trends
5. Research What Restaurants Are Doing to Be More Sustainable/Responsible, then answer these
− What is the position of the National Restaurant Association?
− What are some things that the restaurant you work at doing to be more responsible?
− Share one idea that you could suggest to your supervisor that could help them be more
sustainable that could also help increase profit (or make a big change for a small investment)
6. Complete the Online Course “How to Write a Business Plan”, by the U.S. Small Business
− It is a FREE 30-45 minute course
− Link to the site is available in Canvas, or you can type this address into any browser:
– You will need to take a screenshot when you have completed the course and submit that as
documentation of completion.
7. Copy of a valid ServeSafe Certificate
− If yours has expired or you did not pass the exam, you will need to have passed by Week
14. (times will be provided for you to take the exam – TBA)
8. Letter of Recommendation from Employer/Sponsor (extra credit)
The intent of this project is to ensure you are skillful in the operations you will face as well as to introduce you
to relevant topics facing food service businesses today. My hope is that you cover each topic in a meaningful
way and walk away with a better understanding of what it is to be a chef. And a great grade!
DISCOUNT CODE FIRST25