GET HELP WITH YOUR ESSAY
If you need assistance with writing your essay, our professional Essay Writing Service is here to help!
DISCOUNT CODE FIRST25
Read Chapter 11 (A Nation on the Move: Westward Expansion) and Answer the Critical Thinking Questions below:
1. Describe the place of Texas in the history of American westward expansion by comparing Texas’s early history to the Missouri Crisis in 1819–1820. What are the similarities and what are the differences?
2. Consider the arguments over the expansion of slavery made by both northerners and southerners in the aftermath of the U.S. victory over Mexico. Who had the more compelling case? Or did each side make equally significant arguments?
Read Chapter 12 (Cotton is King: The Antebellum South, 1800–1860) and Answer the Critical Thinking Questions below:
3. Does the history of the cotton kingdom support or undermine the Jeffersonian vision of White farmers on self-sufficient farms? Explain your answer.
4. What strategies did enslaved people employ to resist, revolt, and sustain their own independent communities and cultures? How did enslaved individuals use White southerners’ own philosophies—paternalism and Christianity, for example—to their advantage in these efforts?
5. What are the major arguments put forward by proslavery advocates? How would you argue against their statements?
Read Chapter 13 (Antebellum Idealism and Reform Impulses, 1820–1860) and Answer the Critical Thinking Questions below:
6. How did the abolitionist movement impact the women’s movement?
7. In what ways did the Second Great Awakening and transcendentalism reflect and react to the changes in antebellum American thought and culture?
Each US History Chapter Questions NEED to have the following:
EACH question posed below needs to be answered in a lengthy paragraph of At Least 10-15 college-level quality, analytical sentences with 3 citations/quotes from Corbett–example: (Corbett, 294)
For additional information (depending on the student’s knowledge of this topic/US History), students may choose to also view the following lecture material, video excerpts and the online textbook.
Age of Reform, Early 1800s Nationalism & Manifest Destiny and Mexican War Lectures
the weekly video excerpts are imbedded within the “History 16: Week 4” module Link
Locke’s, The American Yawp https://www.americanyawp.com/ (Links to an external site.) (Chapter 9-12)
http://www.ushistory.org/us/index.asp (Links to an external site.) (Chapters 22-24, 26-28)
Please SUBDIVIDE each answer/paragraph by labeling each chapter’s questions appropriately (a,b,c,d, etc…)
In-text citations or Footnotes/Endnotes will suffice
◊ ALL citations NEED TO BE BOLD in order to get full credit for them
◊ If you do NOT cite, you will receive NO CREDIT for that question
DISCOUNT CODE FIRST25