GET HELP WITH YOUR ESSAY
If you need assistance with writing your essay, our professional Essay Writing Service is here to help!
DISCOUNT CODE FIRST25
*These Instructions are also uploaded in the Files area.*
CASE STUDY: HISTORICAL CONTEXT OF AMERICAN URBAN PLANNING ASSIGNMENT INSTRUCTIONS
This case study assignment is designed to test your ability to conduct effective research, gain a
nuanced understanding of complex concepts, synthesize the ideas reflected in your research with
those reflected in your required readings, and to evaluate and apply these ideas to an issue of
For this Case Study, you will first describe and analyze two planning theories. Identify the
weakness of each theory from the readings and your own research (A weakness is a lack of
conceptual rigor of the theory; how good a fit is it to reality. Find ways the theory does not fit
reality or does not fit reality very well). Outline the potential problems with each theory (A
problem is an impact(s) that probably will occur because of weakness of the theory (i.e., does not
fit reality or does not fit reality very well). Problems are the impacts caused by, or associated
with, the weaknesses). Recommend solutions to each theory discussed. Determine a biblical
viewpoint concerning planning. Please use scriipture to support the position. Integrate Biblical
verses rather than at the end of the paper. Items to include are outlined as follows:
• Length of assignment is 2,000 – 2,500-words (8 – 10-pages)
not including title page, reference page, and any appendices.
• Format of assignment: CURRENT APA format with 1-inch margins, 12-pt. Times New Roman font, and must include a title page and reference page.
• Must include a Biblical perspective in this paper and cite at least one Biblical reference.
• Number of citations: Minimum 20 –
o 12 Required texts/readings indicated below, PLUS minimum 8 additional scholarly sources to fully support your assertions and conclusions. Writer chooses these additional sources. These must be cited in accordance with CURRENT APA guidelines.
• Acceptable sources: Use scholarly sources only. No websites, podcasts, dictionaries,
encyclopedias, or magazines. Peer reviewed journal articles, dissertations, and
• Must follow Template (attached).
o This assignment includes a template titled “Case Study: Historical Context of American
Urban Planning Template”. This template lays out for you the organization of your paper by providing all sections titles and format to which they need to be included. Use this template to accurately complete this assignment.
• Rubric Attached.
REQUIRED TEXTBOOKS for citations/references:
1.) Chapter 1 – Cullingworth, Barry J., & Caves, Roger. (2014). Planning in the USA: Policies, issues, and processes (4th ed.). Routledge. ISBN: 9780415506977.
1. Forms of Government and Climate Change Policies in US Cities
2. AICP Code of Ethics and Professional Conduct
3. Learning Radical Planning: The Power of Collective Action
4. Advocacy and Pluralism in Planning
5. The New Urbanism: Critiques and Rebuttals
6. Mixed-Scanning: A “Third” Approach to Decision-Making
7. The Science of “Muddling Through”
8. Administrative Behavior: How Organizations Can Be Understood in Terms of Decision Process
9. Power Point Presentation: PADM 708 URBAN PLANNING FOR STATE AND LOCAL GOVERNMENT
10. Video Transcriipt: A Brief History of U.S. City Planning
11. Holy Bible – Proverbs 16:3 – plus any other biblical references the writer finds relevant
RECOMMENDED (NOT REQUIRED) TEXTBOOKS:
1. Couch, Chris. (2016). Urban planning. Palgrave McMillian. ISBN: 9781137427564.
2. Stein, Jay. (2004). Classic readings in urban planning (2nd ed.). Routledge. ISBN: 9781884829901.
The additional 11 citations/references are chosen by the writer that are relevant to the subject, published in the last 5 years
DISCOUNT CODE FIRST25